Parco Giardino Sigurtà
The Sigurtà gardens extend over 125 acres at the edge of the moraine hills that form the southern border of the Garda Lake, just 8 kilometres from the town of Peschiera.
They began life as the "brolo" or walled garden (1617) of the Villa Maffei, designed by V. Pellesina, a student of Palladio, and in 1859 became for a time the headquarters of Napoleon III.
Through over forty years of loving care, Carlo Sigurta, benefiting from an ancient right to reach water from the river Mincio below, performed the miracle of turning an arid hillside into luxurious greenery.
The plans for the existing park where then laid down by his grandson Enzo Sigurta. The park and gardens opened their gates to the public in 1978 and from then its conservation has been due in great part to the love of its visitors who have found it to be a true temple of the nature itself. The Parco Giardino Sigurta is now considered one of the most beautiful gardens in the world.
Guests from the Hotels Du Lac et Bellevue, Sportsman, Caesius, Nettuno, La Perla and the Residences La Filanda, San Carlo, Arca sul Garda and Punta Grò, may purchase entrance tickets at a reduced rate from the reception of their accommodation.